1. Introduction and General Terms
Cole Hire is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. In order to provide you with the full range of Cole Hire services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
Your data will be
- used lawfully
- collected only for valid purposes and not used in any way that is incompatible with these purposes
- kept only as long as necessary
- kept securely
This Privacy Notice relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us online, via phone, by email or by paper documentation.
This Privacy Notice explains the following:
- what information Cole Hire may collect about you;
- how Cole Hire will use information we collect about you;
- when Cole Hire may use your details to contact you;
- whether Cole Hire will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Cole Hire is committed to safeguarding your personal information and to being transparent about how it collects and uses personal.
Cole Hire websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will Cole Hire collect about me?
When you participate in, access, or sign up to any of our services, activities or online content such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or e-mail Cole Hire, or create an account using any of our online registration systems we may receive personal information about you.
In order to provide our services to you the information we collect about you can consist of:
- Name, address and contact details including email address and telephone number
- Proof of identity and proof of address documentation
- Contractual terms and conditions for vehicle rental purposes.
- Financial information such as bank details, credit/debit card information
- Information about your driving licence and driving offence records
- By providing your details, you enable Cole Hire (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re sending in a job application we may need to receive additional personal information). When we do this, we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
3. How will Cole Hire use the information they collect about me?
Cole Hire will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for vehicle insurance purposes
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Cole Hire may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users to establish the number of visits from different countries and their areas and to determine the statistical use of our websites, including, user numbers, unique user numbers, page views, hits, browser types, page rankings, search engines used, search phrases used, platforms and browser types. This information is statistical and will only be used by representatives of Cole Hire for the further enhancement of the online services that we offer.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Cole Hire websites.
to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Cole Hire may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that
- no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where Cole Hire proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. When will Cole Hire contact me?
- Cole Hire may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Cole Hire can deliver our services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Cole Hire, e.g. on the Cole Hire blog, message boards or via other social media channel;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Cole Hire services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, however will always provide you with an opt-out option.
5. Will Cole Hire share my personal information with anyone else?
Your information will be shared internally with staff who need access to the data in order to perform their job roles.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Cole Hire.
However, sometimes Cole Hire will share your personal data where required with third parties for example insurance companies, accrediting bodies and auditors. Cole Hire requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Cole Hire requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
6. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Cole Hire. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
7. How long will Cole Hire keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Cole Hire.
Where you contribute material to Cole Hire we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
8. Can I find out what personal information Cole Hire holds about me?
Under the Data Protection laws you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that Cole Hire holds about you. You have the right to:
- a copy of data if you request this
- require us to change incorrect or incomplete data
- require us to delete or stop processing your data (for example where data is no longer needed)
- object to the processing of data for a period if data is inaccurate, or if there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override our legitimate grounds for processing data
- withdraw consent at any time
We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you held on our files.
9. What if I am accessing Cole Hire websites outside the UK?
10. Google Analytics
Cole Hire uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of website(s) and compile reports for us on website activity.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using our website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
For more information on the cookie set by Google Analytics, including information on how to opt out please go to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
If you believe that VGC has not complied with your data protection rights or wish to complain about this privacy notice please contact our data protection officer, Ciara Pryce at Cole Services, Westar House, 690 Great West Road, Osterley, Middlesex TW7 4PU.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the information commissioner’s office (ICO) at any time.